Benton Center North details
This project was a long time coming! So nice to see a project you have been waiting to start for 2 years finally arrives and you are able to finish your trade quickly. Benton Center North was a school project that was a fairly simple installation that required roller shades at all exterior windows as well as all interior sidelight windows.
Gerding Builders reached out to us after there were some delays that prevented starting the project sooner due to Covid-19. We were able to stick to our original pricing we had provided at the beginning.
There were roughly 60 window shades that needed our attention. The architects at FFA architecture + design really had everything selected and showed what was needed in order to complete this project. Making this an easy process to provide an accurate bid proposal.
- They chose to go with manual clutch operated roller shades on both levels. Crosshatch R300, R-series.
Suggestions for other Trades
We ask and inform each general contractor to please understand that it is necessary to have all windows finished by the dry wall hangers or finish trim carpenters that are working on the project. We want to get the most accurate size we can for each window when we come to do an onsite field measure on our first trip.
Having a well organized system as a tradesman will help you so much when you arrive onsite to view the project and get your necessary measurements for the division you are working on. Always look to improve your process each time you work on a new site. Learning little things from each project and taking notes as to how you can do better on the next one.
- Read your contract thourogly
- Invoice ontime and sooner do not delay
- Ask questions each contractor is different in how they process payments so be sure everyone is understanding
- Use a takeoff software, we really enjoy Bluebeam Revu its a onetime fee per chair no monthly charges. Very well worth every dollar spent, but be sure to get some training with it the sooner you understand it the faster each takeoff process will go.